Thursday, August 10, 2017

The Two of Us Book Review

                I’ve never been a big of the contemporary genre. But here recently I’ve slowly been reading more and more contemporary and I find myself enjoying it. The Two of Us by Victoria Bylin has made me a fan. This was my first read from Victoria Bylin and definitely not my last. The way she writes her characters is amazing. They’re believable and relatable. You instantly fall in love with the characters and feel empathy for them and their situation.
                The Two of Us centers around two main characters, Jake and Mia. Jake is an ex-cop that sustains an injury in the line of duty. Mia is a nurse looking to put her skills to the test by applying for a nursing job overseas. She also has the issue of her pregnant younger sister getting married in Vegas. Both Mia and Jake’s lives intersect when Mia attends her sister’s wedding and Jake is the friend of the groom.
                I was hooked the very first chapter. I got right into the story and kept my attention the whole way through. You get to know the characters so well and find out everything about them. Once you think you everything there’s more. I enjoyed how she wove Jake’s mom into the story. I can see how people would love her characters because their just so relatable with the struggles they go through and face.
                I loved this book and would highly recommend it, even if you’re not a big fan of contemporary. You’ll be one after reading this.
                 I received this book from Bethany House for my honest opinion.Image result

No comments:

Post a Comment